Being a critical consumer of messages is more important than ever in the increasingly mediated society that we live in. This means being able to analyze all messages for purpose, audience, intended message, and effectiveness. The skills learned from analyzing media messages can also be used in analyzing all messages – whether the messages are from the mass media, computer mediated communication (CMC), coworkers, our children, other family members, friends, or other sources. Therefore, you will need to analyze messages for purpose, audience and intended message.
First, view five advertisements (commercials). Any medium is acceptable; i.e. television, the Internet, etcetera. Your five advertisements should be relatively new (from the last 6 months) and from different products or services.
Then, analyze each of the advertisements and explain your thoughts on the following questions. Provide specific examples and information from the class material to support your analysis. Psychology homework help
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Use the Unit 10 Assignment template to explain each of the five advertisements. Include these elements per advertisement:
- What is the product/ service of the advertisement?
- Where did you see the advertisement? Medium, time, day and other information (TV or Internet site, etc.) Note: If from an Internet site – needs to be an ad with both visual and audio elements (not just a written ad).
- Who do you think is the intended audience?
- Does the advertisement seem to adhere to basic ethical standards of persuasion in terms of forthrightness, completeness and honesty? Or does it use manipulation? In general, is the advertisement ethical or not. Explain with specific examples.
- Do the visual message and the nonverbal codes match the verbal message? Explain why or why not with specific examples from the advertisement.
- What is the goal of the advertisement? Is it successful? Explain with specific examples from the advertisement.
- What are the strengths of the advertisement?
- What are the weaknesses of the advertisement?
- Identify and explain any faulty reasoning with the messaging in the advertisement.
- Explain the role media has had in shaping our culture and society.
- Explain the importance of being a critical receiver of mass media messaging. Psychology homework help