Due in Week 6 and worth 130 points
Everything we touch that is electronic has a Human to Computer Interface (HCI). Some companies put a lot of effort into the user experience; some, not so much. Some are very complex with enormous functionality (computer operating systems and smartphones) and some are much simpler (ATMs, gas station pumps, lottery ticket machines, movie dispensing machines).
For this assignment, choose either a simple interface (one with a few options) or a singular function of a more complex item (like a singular function of your smartphone, such as to create and send an email). Remember that there are several options for many of these. Visit the interface that you chose.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
NOTE: Keep your selection to something simple, as you will find there are many options even in a simple task.
Write a paper in which you address the following:
1. Research history and background of the HCI (just a few of paragraphs).
2. From your chosen HCI, describe all the steps and options that are available to use and complete the task.
3. Build an Activity Diagram such as those on pages 138 Figure 5-5 and 139 Figure 5-6 of the textbook. Use Visio, MS Word or your choice of program that can create an activity diagram. YOU NEED TO CREATE THE DIAGRAM, NOT TAKE ONE FROM THE INTERNET.
4. Reflect on the experience. Do you feel the process you chose was well designed? Do you think it can be improved?
5. Use at least 2 quality resources. NOTE: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, your name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Visio, Word, or an open source alternative to create the diagram. The completed diagrams/charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.