Mrs. Randall is a 77-year-old female who resides in a long-term care facility. She has a history of frequent falls and is severely cognitively impaired. The nursing staff at the long-term care facility called the nurse practitioner at the medical home office to report the recent development of productive cough and high fever. There have been cases of flu in the facility; however, Mrs. Randall has had a flu shot. The nurse practitioner in the office requests a chest x-ray in the long-term care facility. The nurse on duty in the facility states that there is no portable chest x-ray equipment available. She further requests that Mrs. Randall be transferred to the emergency room of the local hospital. Mrs. Randall’s daughter has durable power of attorney for health care decisions for her mother. The long-term care facility has notified the daughter of the change in her mother’s condition. The daughter says whatever the nursing home wants is fine with her.
- Review this week’s media presentation, as well as the American Geriatrics Society and Arbaje et al. articles in the Learning Resources.
- Research models of interdisciplinary geriatric care teams that are used at various sites, such as assisted living, home care, hospitals, long-term care, and rehabilitation facilities.
- Consider the model used for the interdisciplinary geriatric care teams at your current practicum site. Compare this model to models used at other sites.
- Reflect on how the role of the advanced practice nurse differs according to the site of care.
- Select one of the three case studies. Consider how care should be facilitated for the patient in the case you selected based on the model used for the interdisciplinary geriatric care teams at your practicum site.
BY DAY 3
Post a comparison of the model used for the interdisciplinary geriatric teams at your current practicum site to models used at other sites. Then, explain how the role of the advanced practice nurse differs according to the site of care. Finally, explain how care should be facilitated for the patient in the case you selected based on the model used for the interdisciplinary geriatric teams at your practicum site.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Resnick, B. (Ed.). (2016). Geriatric nursing review syllabus: A core curriculum in advanced practice geriatric nursing(5th ed.). New York, NY: American Geriatrics Society.
- Chapter 18, “Hospital Care” (pp. 134-145)
- Chapter 20, “Rehabilitation” (pp. 152-166)
- Chapter 21, “Nursing-Home Care” (pp. 167-174)
- Chapter 22, “Community-Based Care” (pp. 175-180)
- Chapter 23, “Outpatient Care Systems” (pp. 181-185)