Part 1: Research Security Awareness Policies (0/1 completed)
1. Review the security awareness training policies at the following websites:
o Health care: State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (https://policies.ncdhhs.gov/departmental/policies-manuals/section-viii-privacy-and-security/manuals/security-manual/@@display-file/policy_file/DHHS%20Security%20Manual.pdf)
o Higher education: University of San Francisco (http://www.usfca.edu/its/security/seta/)Architecture and Design homework help
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Question to answer
2. For each sample security awareness training policy that you reviewed in the step above, discuss the policy’s main components. You should focus on the need for a security awareness program and its key elements.
Part 2: Create a Security Awareness Policy (0/6 completed)
Note: A strong security awareness policy is a key component of a strong organizational security posture. The effectiveness of a security awareness training policy and program will directly influence how well employees will value and protect the organization’s security position. When writing a security awareness training policy, consider the following questions:
· Is the policy statement as concise and readable as possible? For example, no more than one to three sentences.
· Is the entire policy as concise and readable as possible? For example, no more than two to three pages.
· Does the policy align well with other governing documents?
· Does the policy speak directly to the target audience?
· Does the policy state the “why” with only the minimal detail, and rely on standards or guidelines for the “how”? Policies should be written in such a way that they will not need frequent updates.
· Does the policy adequately describe scope and responsibilities?
· Are the policy’s revision, approval, and distribution documented?
After the policy has been approved, its success relies on proper delivery and understanding. To simply give a new employee 5 minutes to read and sign a policy during orientation is not enough. Focused and interactive “policy understanding” sessions should guarantee every employee understands the policy’s reasoning and necessity. Customizing these sessions according to department or function can drastically increase how much employees retain of and apply the training during their work. Repeat sessions reinforce the policies and keep material fresh in their minds.
1. Review the following scenario for the fictional Bankwise Credit Union:
o The organization is a local credit union that has several branches and locations throughout the region.
o Online banking and use of the internet are the bank’s strengths, given its limited human resources.
o The customer service department is the organization’s most critical business function.
o The organization wants to be in compliance with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and IT security best practices regarding its employees.
o The organization wants to monitor and control use of the Internet by implementing content filtering.
o The organization wants to eliminate personal use of organization-owned IT assets and systems. Architecture and Design homework help
o The organization wants to monitor and control use of the e-mail system by implementing e-mail security controls.
o The organization wants to implement security awareness training policy mandates for all new hires and existing employees. Policy definitions are to include GLBA and customer privacy data requirements, in addition to a mandate for annual security awareness training for all employees.
2. Create a security management policy with defined separation of duties for the Bankwise Credit Union.
Bankwise Credit Union
Security Awareness Training Policy
Questions need to answer:
Define your policy verbiage.
Define the policy’s purpose as well as its objectives.
Define whom this policy covers and its scope. What elements, IT assets, or organization-owned assets are within this policy’s scope?
Does the policy statement point to any hardware, software, or configuration standards? If so, list them here and explain the relationship of this policy to these standards.
Explain how you intend to implement this policy for the entire organization.
Explain any roadblocks or implementation issues that you must overcome in this section and how you will surmount them per defined guidelines. Any disputes or gaps in the definition and separation of duties responsibility may need to be addressed in this section. Architecture and Design homework help