What steps did the manager take to implement the improvement process? What steps did he do correctly? Which ones did not work?
QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Please read the following article:
A physical examination of health care’s readiness for a total quality management program: A case study by Weeks, Helms, and Ettkin. Once you have finished the article, read the following case: Quality Improvement Program Intervention.
Using the information you gleaned from both articles, please discuss the following issues:
1. Provide a brief overview of the quality improvement process. Be sure to give examples and to specifically discuss what quality improvement teams are.
2. The article you read indicated that there needs to be an agreement and understanding between employees and managers for successful quality programs. Discuss this aspect of the case study (e.g. did this occur, what understanding do you think each group had, etc).
3. What steps did the manager take to implement the improvement process? What steps did he do correctly? Which ones did not work?
4. What recommendation do you think Joe made? Do you agree?
5. If you were the manager of this unit, what would you have done differently to implement the process and why?
1. Be sure to conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to familiarize yourself with the facts of the case and be sure to justify/support your position.
Limit your responses to a 2-3 pages. Times new roman font 12 pt. DS. Please use sub headings.
2. Please support your discussions with scholarly support (3-5 references). Be sure to properly cite all references in text citations and reference page
3. Apply critical thinking skills to the assignment component.
Module 5 – Background
QUALITY MANAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
Kennedy, D., Caselli, R., Berry, L., & Mishra, P.. (2011). A Roadmap for Improving Healthcare Service Quality/PRACTITIONER APPLICATION. Journal of Healthcare Management, 56(6), 385-400; discussion 400-2.
James, B., & Savitz, L.. (2011). How Intermountain Trimmed Health Care Costs Through Robust Quality Improvement Efforts. Health Affairs, 30(6), 1185-1191.
Chassin, M., Loeb, J., Schmaltz, S., & Wachter, R.. (2010). Accountability Measures — Using Measurement to Promote Quality Improvement. The New England Journal of Medicine, 363(7), 683-8.
Larson, J. S. & Muller, A. (2002). Managing the Quality of Healthcare. Journal of Health and Human Services Administration. Harrisburg: Winter 2002/2003. Vol. 25, Iss. 3/4; p. 261.
Miller, N. (2000). Seeking accountability. Nursing Economics; Pitman; Mar/Apr 2000.
Nat Natarajan, R. (2006). Transferring best practices to healthcare: opportunities and challenges. The TQM Magazine. Bedford: 2006. Vol. 18, Iss. 6; p. 572.
Robinson, P. (2004). Master the steps to performance improvement. Nursing Management.Chicago: May 2004. Vol. 35, Iss. 5.
Scott, G. (2001). Accountability for service excellence. Journal of Healthcare Management; Chicago; May/Jun 2001.
Weeks, Brenda, Helms, Marilyn M, & Ettkin, Lawrence P. (1995). A physical examination of health care’s readiness for a total quality management program: A case study. Hospital Materiel Management Quarterly, 17(2), 68.
Griffith, J. R., White, K. R., & Bernd, D. L. (2005). The Revolution in Hospital Management. Journal of Healthcare Management. Chicago. Vol. 50, Iss. 3
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH THE NURSING PROFESSIONALS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post What steps did the manager take to implement the improvement process? What steps did he do correctly? Which ones did not work? appeared first on THE NURSING PROFESSIONALS.