UNIT6NP DUE 08/12/2019
Leadership Development: Philosophy, Governance, and Skills
In this assignment, you will address leadership skills and philosophies, and how the skills of the leader, as well as the leader’s management philosophy, impact service delivery. As part of this assignment, you will look at your own skills and consider the skills and practices of leaders you have observed.
This assignment has three components:
- Imagine you are taking a leadership role for the organization you have identified in your previous assignments.
- Describe the leadership role and title for your position.
- Develop a leadership statement that you would use as your leadership philosophy in this role or position. Your leadership philosophy must reflect service delivery practices for all internal and external customers. The philosophy must also address the unique components of service delivery as a nonprofit, for-profit, or government organization.
- Provide a rationale for the philosophy you identified.
- Create a list of 10 to 15 leadership skills or competencies you believe will be important skills for you to have in assuming the leadership role you will be taking in your identified organization.
- Provide a brief definition for each skill.
- Evaluate how these skills are important for addressing the trends and competitive forces that influence the identified organization.
- Include literature sources to support your decisions about the skills you identified.
- Assess your competency at each of the skills you have identified above.
- Select your level of mastery at each skill, using a scale of one to five, with five indicating you have achieved mastery and one indicating you believe you are still a novice at the skill.
- Identify the top five skills you want to focus on for your professional development over the next three to five years.
- Discuss what actions you believe you will need to take to improve your skills in each identified area.
- Identify someone whom you might ask to mentor you for each skill area, and discuss how you would approach that person to obtain mentorship support.
Use the template provided in the assignment resources to complete the assignment.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Writing style: Present the content of this assignment in a paragraph format. Include transitional phrases, headings to define document sections, appropriate subheadings, and references.
- References: Include at least 6 academic references. References must be from academic journals, textbooks, or other scholarly sources.
- APA formatting: Use current APA style and formatting for headings, in-text citations, and references at the end of the assignment.
- Length of paper: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
UNIT 6 DISC1
Developing a Leadership Statement
Your Responsive Leadership in Social Services textbook discusses several domains for inspiration. Leadership development involves practices of self-reflection and seeking mentorship. These practices take time to develop and are likely to change over time based on specific situations, roles, programs, or processes.
In your initial post, discuss your reflections on the following question from the end of Chapter 6 in your textbook:
“What insights and strategies offered within the domains stimulated ideas or thinking for you around possibilities for inspiration?” (deGroot, 2016, p. 170).
How does a leader’s philosophy and ability to inspire others shape the capacity to build successful collaborative teams?