Although every individual experiences family life-cycle transitions in unique ways, common challenges and experiences often arise at these transition periods. For example, many couples experience changes in their sexual relationship after they become parents. Likewise, adults’ understanding of what it means to have “positive” sexual functioning may differ at different stages in the family life cycle. It is important for helping professionals to pay attention to the unique needs of the individual clients they serve, while also keeping in mind these common challenges and experiences that may arise. Social Science homework help
The family life-cycle stages you will consider for this assignment are:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Single adulthood
- Committed, long-term relationships
- Becoming parents
- Divorce/relationship termination and remarriage/re-partnering
- Older adulthood
Use the five family life-cycle stages listed in the Sexuality in Adulthood Across the Family Life Cycle chart to organize your thoughts for this:
- Describe two common sexuality-related transitions or concerns at each stage.
- Provide two examples of how research and theory characterize positive sexual functioning during each stage.
- Briefly describe how you might intervene or use this information to assist clients.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the resources for this course. Social Science homework help