- The “Competencies for Addressing Spiritual and Religious Issues in Counseling” were developed by which of the following divisions of the American Counseling Association?a.Association for Spiritual, Ethical, and Religious Values in Counselingb.Association for Religion, Philosophy, and Spirituality in Counselingc.American Pastoral Counselors Associationd.There is not a division of the American Counseling Association that developed these competencies.
- The first person to introduce the subjects of consciousness, spiritualism, and psychical research into the mental health fields was:a.Carl Jungb.Abraham Maslowc.William Jamesd.Sigmund Freud
- The core practice of transpersonal counseling includes which of the following:a.Mindfulnessb.Yogac.Biofeedbackd.All of the above
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Which of the following is one of the “Competencies for Addressing Spiritual and Religious Issues in Counseling”?a.The professional counselor can describe the similarities and differences between spirituality and religion, including the basic beliefs of various spiritual systems, major world religions, agnosticism, and atheism.b.The professional counselor recognizes that the client’s beliefs (or absence of beliefs) about spirituality and/or religion are central to his or her worldview but cannot influence psychosocial functioning.c.The professional counselor can identify the limits of his or her understanding of the client’s spiritual and/or religious perspective and is acquainted with religious and spiritual resources, including leaders, who can join in counseling sessions with the counselor and client.d.All of the above
- The family life spiral is:a.An example of family declineb.A linear modelc.An example of a life stressord.A developmental model
- The relational-cultural theory emphasizes the vital rolea.that relationships and connectedness with others play in the lives of women.b.of a spiritual or religious perspective in providing women with strength.c.that siblings play in the shaping of personalityd. in understanding how early childhood is a crucial factor in a woman’s personality development.
- Within the transpersonal states of functioning, which of the following developmental lines or stages exist?a.cognitiveb.vision logicc.psychicd.all of the above
- Which of the following family therapists is best known for his/her conjoint approach to treatment?a.Satirb.Bowenc.Haleyd.Minuchin
- Self-in-relation theory is the work of:a.Sharf and Bemb.Jordan and Surreyc.Jean Baker Millerd.Betty Freidan
- Which of the following is not a fundamental principle of feminist counselors?a.The personal is politicalb.A commitment to social changec.A commitment to the establishment of an authoritarian relationshipd.Honoring women’s experiences and appreciating their perspectives, values, and strengths
- According to transpersonalism:a.Healthy development is marked by one’s advancement from personal to transpersonal concerns.b.Healthy development is marked by one’s quality of relationships.c.Healthy development is impossible to define.d.Healthy development is not a goal.
- The term _______________ means beyond the personal, ego, or self.a.archetypalb.transpersonalc.reductionisticd.monistic
- A counselor directing family members to engage in a communication game to examine how their incongruent messages lead to pain and lower self-esteem is following which approach to family therapy?
A counselor directing family members to engage in a communication game to examine how their incongruent messages lead to pain and lower self-esteem is following which approach to family therapy?
- A multifaceted process, occurring across the life span is called:a.Gender role identificationb.Gender biasc.Genderficationd.Gender role socialization
- One of the primary goals of transpersonal counseling is to:a.Bring the client to an acceptable level of mental healthb.Bring the client to a point where he or she can begin to work on transpersonal issuesc.Take the client into the realm of transcendence, unity, and extraordinary mental healthd.None of the above
- The term used to describe a family system’s tendency to maintain predictable interactional processes is:a.Family project processb.Cyberneticsc.Centripetald.Family homeostatis
- Which of the following family therapists is best known for his/her strategic approach to treatment?a.Satirb.Bowenc.Haleyd.Minuchin
- Two major disorders given a great deal of attention in feminist literature are:a.Personality disorders and bipolar disordersb.Borderline personality disorders and hypertensionc.Eating disorders and PTSDd.Insomnia and PTSD
- ___________ wrote that Kohlberg’s model of moral development was more applicable to men than women.a.Carol Gilliganb.Barbara Herlihyc.Vivian Carroll McCollumd.Nancy Chodorow
- ________________ occurs when a family modifies problem behaviors yet maintains its present structure.a.First order changeb.Second order changec.Third order changed.Fourth order change
- Which of the following family therapists is best known for his/her structural approach to treatment:a.Satirb.Bowenc.Haleyd.Minuchin
- Teasing out stressors poses a challenge for the family counselor because of the family’s:a.Mistrust of therapyb.Many storiesc.Multigenerational issuesd.Severity of pain
- A strategy for empowering clients is to involve them in naming their problem and participating in directing the counseling process. This strategy is called:a.Self-disclosureb.Gender role analysisc.Demystifying the counseling processd.Client empowerment
- Although the theoretical underpinnings of transpersonal theory can be credited to a number of individuals, theories, and philosophical approaches to mental health and spiritual experience, _____________ has emerged as the primary leader of this burgeoning field.a.Groffb.Wilberc.Jungd.Maslow
- The term used to describe one of the perceptual sets people use when looking at society and their place in it is:a.Gender schemab.Egalitarianc.Engendered livesd.None of the above