In this unit, you are introduced to personality tests and issues with their development and use. One particular area of debate involves the inclusion of validity scales in tests of personality. While many concerns may exist, the use of such scales appears to be increasing and they continue to be utilized and interpreted. Psychology homework help
In your post:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Analyze how validity in psychometrics, as you explored in Unit 4, is different from a validity scale in a test of personality.
- Describe this difference in terms of their definitions.
- Provide at least two examples of validity scales.
- Integrate and cite the AERA standards from Chapter 10, “Psychological Testing and Assessment,” of your Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing text that directly address validity scales. Provide your interpretation of the standards and the use of validity scales.
- Discuss if the standards permit, reject, or provide guidance on integrating such scales in a report.
- State, in your own words, how one should, or should not, proceed with validity scales.
- Cite at least one advantage and one disadvantage regarding the use of validity scales. The test authors provide several pros and cons of using validity scales in personality assessment.
- Based on your readings, including preparation for this discussion, what is your position on this issue; that is, using and interpreting validity scales on a measure of personality?
When you post this discussion, change your subject line to Use, or Don’t Use. Psychology homework help