I will be posting 4 different assignments to write about. EACH!!! a minimum of 500 words!!! Each! I need to know where you get your answers CITED!
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Immigration in Texas,” and write an essay that addresses the following questions:
- How is the population changing in Texas?
- What are some of the possible political implications of the changing population in Texas?
- After reading the “You Decide” passage, do you agree with Dan Patrick or Julian Castro? Should undocumented immigrants be given a pathway to citizenship or be sent back to their country of origin?
- What are the pros and cons of illegal immigration in regards to both the U.S. and Texas economies? Consider how illegal immigrants have positively or negatively affected the economy.
- Do you believe compromise is possible on immigration? Are the only two options deportations and amnesty? Is there a third option?
- What role should the state of Texas play in the immigration policy?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Voter Identification Laws,” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- What are some of the historical and contemporary barriers to voting?
- What accounts for the low level of participation in Texas?
- What are the arguments for and against voter identification laws? Should a student ID be an acceptable form of identification for voting?
- What can be done to increase voter participation in the short term? In the long term?
- Do you think lawmakers and election officials in Texas are open to adopting methods to increase turnout? Why or why not?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: What to Do with a Budget Surplus” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- Do you think that sales and use taxes are a fair way for the state to generate revenue? Why or why not?
- How should policy makers deal with a projected budgetary surplus? Should taxes be cut or spending increased?
- In the case of a budget surplus, what arguments would you make to the legislature to increase spending? Where would you increase spending? Why?
- In the case of a budget deficit, what areas would you target for cuts? Why?
- Under what circumstances should the legislature tap into the Rainy Day Fund?
- Why did the Texas Legislature give up the ability to set tuition at state universities and how has this decision impacted you?
“You Decide: Voices of Texas: Abortion Policy in Texas,” and write an essay answering the following questions:
- How does Texas compare to other states with regards to providing services for poor citizens?
- What is the age and race/ethnicity breakdown of the uninsured in Texas?
- What programs are used to provide coverage to the uninsured? How are those programs funded?
- What steps has Texas taken to influence abortion rates in the state?
- Does Texas’ sonogram law violate free speech for the physician? For the patient?
- Should the state pass laws mandating what information physicians share with their patients?