A chief executive officer (CEO) is responsible for making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations of an organization, and ensuring that employees, customers, and the board of directors are supported and appreciated.
Imagine that you have just been promoted to CEO of a large corporation. You will be working with your human resources director to update your current benefits plan. In 2015, the U.S. Supreme Court issued its ruling in Obergefell v. Hodges regarding the fundamental right of same sex marriages. Your current benefits plan does not include benefits for same sex marriages. You must prepare a proposal to your board of directors on implementing this benefit into your organizationâ€™s benefits plan.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a 700- to 1050-word proposal.
Include the following in your proposal:
- An overview of the case
- Analysis of the legal issues surrounding this case. Did this influence your organizational response to update your benefits plan?
- Analysis of the social issues surrounding this case. Did this influence your organizational response to update your benefits plan?
- The impact this new benefit will have on your plan, your employees, and their significant others
- Specific steps you will take to implement the necessary changes
- Summary of how the ruling will directly affect your organization, such as in recruiting, organizational public image, and so on
Cite at least 2 outside references to support your assignment.
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- In the search bar search for â€œObergefell v. Hodges.â€ Select the 06/26/2015 PDF and review pp. 8â€“33.
- EUâ€™s Cybersecurity Strategy for the Digital Decade
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar Assistance