Select an environmental justice (EJ) court case from the list below. For the case you select, formulate an opinion concerning the judge’s ruling. The completed EJ case evaluation must include separate sections, labeled, for the following information:
(1) detailed background history of the EJ case (15 points)
(2) identification of the environmental law or policy cited in the case (15 points)
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
(3) identification of the scope and specific requirements of the law in the case (10 points)
(4) description of the position and arguments of the plaintiff(s) (10 points)
(5) description of the position and arguments of the defendant(s) (10 points)
(6) description of the final decision of the judge and the justification for the decision (20 points)
(7) statement of whether you agree or disagree with the decision (support your response with specific legal examples and information you found in your research (5 points)
(8) your paper should follow the above instructions and be 8-10 pages in length, double-spaced, excluding the references page (10 points), and
(9) your paper must be written in appropriate technical style and contain full citations of all sources used in APA format (5 points)
This analysis should be written in your own words, not simply paraphased from legal databases. Extensive quotes will not count toward the required length of the paper and should be avoided. The point is to read the case histories and be able to articulate the key issues and decisions.
Attach your submitted paper in the Assignment section of the classroom.
Select from the following Cases:
South Camden Citizens in Action v. New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, 274F3d 771(3d Cir, 2001)
Rosemere Neighborhood Association v EPA. No.08-35045 DC No. CV07-5080 (BHS opinion Sept 17, 2009)
South Fork Band Council of Western Shoshone of Nevada v. U.S. Dept. of Interior, 588 F.3d 718 (9th Cir. 2009)
Hartford Park Tenants Association v.Rhode Island Dept. of Env. Management, Index No. 99/3748 (Sup.Ct.R.I.)
Lafarge Canada Inc. v. Ontario (Environmental Review Tribunal), (2008), 36 E.E. L.R. (3d) 191 (Ont Div Ct)