Describe at least one quantitative or qualitative method you would use to evaluate whether your intervention was effective. (There is a helpful tool found in Doc Sharing to assist you with understanding qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation).
Milestone 3 Intervention and Evaluation
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
ASSIGNMENT 3 INSTRUCTIONS
Guidelines for Caring for Populations Milestone 3:
Intervention and Evaluation
The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to provide an opportunity to develop a community health nursing intervention and evaluation tool for your identified community health problem (described in Milestone 2: Assessment and Diagnosis) and identify the components of the nursing process as they apply to a community or population.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Apply principles of nursing theory to the public health system by analyzing determinants of health and the public health intervention wheel. (PO 1)
CO3: Plan prevention and population-focused interventions for vulnerable populations using professional clinical judgment and evidence-based practice. (PO 4, 8)
CO4: Evaluate the delivery of care for individuals, families, aggregates, and communities based on theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines. (PO 1)
Submit your assignment to the appropriate basket in the Dropbox by 11:59 p.m. MT Sunday of Week 6.
POINTS: 250 points
You are a community public health nurse (C/PHN) working in your setting of choice. You have analyzed the data collected from your windshield survey and assessment and diagnosis assignments (the first two milestones) and identified one community health nursing problem. You have decided on one nursing intervention and need your organization’s approval for funding of this intervention. Your leadership team has agreed to listen to your proposal.
• Watch the Milestone 3 tutorial by clicking this link. This tutorial is also available on Course Project page under Course Home as well as Week 6 Assignments page.
• Choose a community health nurse setting. Some examples of settings are school nurse, parish nurse, home health nurse, nurse working in the health department (be specific to what area in the health department, e.g., WIC, STD clinic, health promotion, maternal-child health, etc.)
• Introduction: Introduce the identified problem, the purpose of the presentation, and reiterate at least one or two important findings that demonstrate this problem in your community (average of 1–2 slides)
• Proposed Intervention: Propose one community health nursing intervention that would address one or more of the major factors that contribute to the problem (average of 3–4 slides).
o Describe your specific nursing intervention relating it to the public health intervention wheel (Nies & McEwen, 2015, p. 14, Figure 1-3)
o Who is your target population?
o Where is this intervention taking place?
o Will it take place one time or multiple times?
o How will you reach out to your target population?
? How will you get your target population involved?
o What is the CH nurse’s role in this intervention?
o Will you collaborate with anyone (e.g., physician’s office, church, local resources, etc.)
o Is anyone else involved besides yourself (C/PHN)?
? If yes, are they paid or volunteers?
o What level(s) of prevention is your intervention addressing (primary, secondary, or tertiary prevention)?
• Intervention Justification: Justify why the problem and your nursing intervention should be a priority.
o Based on what you have found in the literature, discuss why these interventions are expected to be effective.
o Include summarized information from at least two professional scholarly sources related to your intervention (average of 2–3 slides).
• Proposed Evaluation Methods: Your presentation must include at least one proposed quantitative or qualitative evaluation method that you would use to determine whether your intervention is effective. Outcome measurement is a crucial piece when implementing interventions (average of 2–3 slides)
o Describe at least one quantitative or qualitative method you would use to evaluate whether your intervention was effective. (There is a helpful tool found in Doc Sharing to assist you with understanding qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation).
o Describe the desired outcomes you would track that would show whether your intervention was working.
o Include a discussion about the long-term and short-term impact on your community if the intervention is successful.
• Summary: The summary should reiterate the main points of the presentation and conclude with what you are asking to be accomplished; for example, “Based on ABC, it is imperative our community has XYZ. Thank you for your consideration.”
• In addition to the slides described above, your presentation should include a title slide with your name included and a reference slide. Remember, you are presenting to your leadership team, so the slides should include the most important elements for them to know in short bullet pointed phrases. You may add additional comments in the notes section to clarify information for your instructor.
• Application: Use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 (or later).
• Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be no more than 20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide).
• Submission: Submit your files via the basket in the Dropbox: Milestone 3 Intervention and Evaluation by 11:59 p.m. Sunday of Week 6.
• Save the assignment with your last name in the file title: example: “Smith Intervention and Evaluation.”
• Late Submission: See the course policy on late submissions.
• Tutorial: If needed, Microsoft Office has many templates and tutorials to help you get started.
BEST PRACTICES IN PREPARING POWERPOINT
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
• Be creative but realistic with your intervention and evaluation tool.
• Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
• Slides should be easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
• Review directions thoroughly.
• Cite all sources within the slides with (author, year) as well as on the reference page.
• Proofread prior to final submission.
• Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
• Abide by the CCN academic integrity policy.
Grading Rubric: Caring for Populations: Intervention and Evaluation (250 points)
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH THE NURSING PROFESSIONALS TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT
The post Describe at least one quantitative or qualitative method you would use to evaluate whether your intervention was effective. (There is a helpful tool found in Doc Sharing to assist you with understanding qualitative and quantitative methods of evaluation). appeared first on THE NURSING PROFESSIONALS.